HypnoBirthing™ is a well-established and well recognised, logical programme with a focus on natural birth. It uses the power of positive language to combine easy to learn methods of deep relaxation, breathing techniques, visualisation and affirmative positive thinking to reduce anxiety, stress, fatigue and fear, and, as a result, also reduce pain.
“Even though our birth didn’t go to plan, HypnoBirthing™ helped me get through the surges. The phrase ‘I’m prepared for any turn my birth may take’ played in my head. It kept me calm and the midwives were amazed that I didn’t tear. Thank you so much for all your help”
As part of learning HypnoBirthing™ techniques, you become informed about what happens to your body during labour and birth, giving you the tools to make informed decisions and the confidence to enact those decisions. You will learn to trust your body, baby and birthing instinct, so that you can enjoy your pregnancy and birth without fear and the ‘expected’ pain.
Statistics show that HypnoBirthing™ mothers often have fewer interventions and fewer drugs.
“The midwife said that it was a beautiful controlled birth!”
At your HypnoBirthing™ class you will be given all the materials you need to continue your practice at home.
Dads play an important role in HypnoBirthing™! Here at Calm Births, we strongly believe that when the birthing partner feels comfortable, knows what to expect and how they can help during the birth it gives them a quiet confidence that is picked up on by the mother who feels supported and able to relax and focus on the birth.
Calm Births HypnoBirthing™ classes have been designed with the couple in mind and have been proven to benefit dads immensely.
HypnoBirthing™ cannot promise the perfect natural birth, but it teaches you how to have the best birth for you, whatever the circumstances. Often a mother describes a HypnoBirthing™ as the most wonderful and empowering experience of her life.
The HypnoBirthing™ programme is constantly being thoughtfully improved and is now an accepted, well-known and effective form of antenatal preparation.
What are the benefits of HypnoBirthing™?
Clinical studies and anecdotal evidence agree that the use of relaxation and self-hypnosis during labour
- significantly reduces and even eliminates pain and you may find you don’t need any pain relief at all
- reduces the need for medication
- results in fewer interventions and surgical births
- minimises fear during pregnancy
- often shortens the length of labour
- lessens the physical impact of childbirth
- equips the father/birth companion with the knowledge and techniques to be the support person that you need
- equips you with simple, natural techniques to encourage the onset of labour, if you go over your estimated ‘due date’
- enables you to be more alert and in control during birth
- allows your baby to enter the world calmly and gently
- reduces the need for an episiotomy by teaching a simple massage technique
- enables mother to remain highly energised and alert following a calm and gentle birth, which allows for quicker bonding with the baby
- enables families to come away from their birthing experience with positive and empowering memories.
So, as you can see, the benefits to using HypnoBirthing™ are substantial and numerous. You really have to try it to believe it!